Thursday’s Food Guest: Kahuna?s Tiki Bar & Grill
Tony Ciola and Tammy Shaklee stopped by to talk about a big Charity Event at Kahuna’s Tiki Bar & Grill on Parmer and McNeil
Kahuna’s Tiki Bar & Grill Hosts “First Day of Summer” Surf Bash
Benefitting Austin Make-A-Wish Kid
DATE/TIME: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 4-7 p.m.
LOCATION: Kahuna’s Tiki Bar & Grill, 6301 Parmer Lane, Austin (Parmer & McNeil)
DESCRIPTION: Locally owned and operated Kahuna’s Tiki Bar & Grill hosts its second in an “Endless Summer” trilogy of surf-inspired parties to benefit a local Make-A-Wish teenager, Bridget, diagnosed with a brain stem tumor, whose wish is “to travel to Hawaii.” Kahuna’s is now searching for Austinites to cook Conch Fritters for the summer menu competition. Offerings and activities will include:
· Conch Fritter Cook Off with Celebrity Judges & Conch Shell Blowing Contest
· Complimentary Conch fritters, Kalua Pulled Pork Sliders and select beverages
· Roll out of Kahuna’s Specialty Summer Drink Program – the Flaming Scorpion Bowl, Pura Vida shot, and tall Mai Tai, served in traditional Tiki glasses that you can take home and collect
Island fare of Conch fritters, slow-cooked Kalua Pulled Pork Sliders, Tiki Fish Tacos, and the Kahuna Tuna sandwich.
· Island Drinks in Tiki Glasses to take home.
· Surf Shack décor with TVs inside and out, showing the owner’s collection of surfing videos, as well as requested cable programming.